Our overall aim is to assist with the protection, preservation and appreciation of Iraq’s cultural heritage. In order to achieve this aim, we conduct and support the following activities:
- To collect, report on, and share relevant information and expert knowledge regarding damage inflicted to Iraq’s cultural heritage;
- To co-operate with relevant national and international police authorities in order to detect and prevent illegal trafficking in items of Iraq’s cultural heritage;
- To engage and collaborate with Iraqi state officials in addressing issues of concern regarding Iraq’s cultural heritage;
- To advocate and lobby for respect for national and international laws on the protection of cultural heritage;
- To engage in and support public education and awareness activities, within and beyond Iraq, in order to advance public knowledge and understanding of the significance and diversity of Iraq’s cultural heritage.